On this special episode of Serious Business on BTR, host Travis Harrison is joined by a panel of music fanatics to look back on their favorite albums of 2011.
Meet the panelists…
– Matt Gross runs the music blog A Heart is a Spade
– George Flanagan is in the band El Jezel and an organizer of events at Fort Useless
– Maia Macdonald is a BTR DJ, host of BTR Live Studio, and a musician in the band Mitten
– Phil Nguyen is a BTR DJ, frequent guest host of BTR Live Studio, and a BTR video editor
– Jeremiah McVay heads up BTR’s video team and organizes music events at Fort Useless
Complete radio broadcast and playlist: http://bit.ly/w2vN3T
About Serious Business on BTR:
Travis Harrison records bands for a living, so he knows how to get the best out of musicians. As the president of Serious Business, a recording studio and record label, Travis also knows the industry. Every week he invites musicians into his studio for funny, irreverent and seriously interesting interviews where anything goes. New episodes every Monday from BreakThru Radio.
Check out our TV channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BreakThruRadioTV
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/breakthruradio
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BreakThruRadio
Joyful Noise Recordings is an Indianapolis-based eclectic indie label begun in 2003 by Karl Hofstetter. In this episode, we'll hear a ton of great music from the label's releases, along with an interview with Karl where we cover the label's beginnings, the importance of physical art objects, and how… | listen
Bartees Cox is a songwriter and producer who spent years playing in bands in Brooklyn before making the move to Washington, DC, where his solo project, Bartees Strange, took focus and grew - from an album of reinterpretations of The National’s music to his stunning full-length, genre-bending… | watch
#StopAsianHate! Do we need to say more? Yes, we do—with music & resources. | read