makes 2 pizzas
This is one delicious pizza… and by delicious I mean OMG. It is one of those pizzas that tastes amazing even the next day! Take it to work and eat it for lunch to make all of your friends and coworkers jealous. I guarantee that you will start to crave the tastiness of the satay sauce, the sweetness of the pineapple and the crunchiness of the veggies. We had to make this a second time as we ate it all before Jerome could photograph it. That is normally a good sign that the recipe is yummy enough to be published on Veggieful 🙂 Anyway, this pizza is delicious and is a great meal to make for your family and non-vegan friends. It is full-flavoured, so filling and a great example of how delicious vegan and vegetarian food can be. If you love our satay tofu skewers then you will love this as it has the same satay base. Make a double batch of the satay sauce and freeze it for future purposes such as putting it on satay tofu skewers, in stir-fries, noodles or on pizzas. Read the nutrition information at the bottom of this post as one slice of this pizza contains 43% of your daily intake of vitamin C. WOW! Enjoy!
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon freshly minced ginger root
1/2 long red chilli (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon ketjap manis
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
430g can pineapple, drained
1 red capsicum, diced
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
thinly sliced red chilli
thinly sliced shallots
- If making your own pizza bases, prepare them as directed and add them to two pizza trays.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add all ‘sauce’ ingredients to a processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the satay sauce onto the pizza bases and use a spoon to spread until evenly covered. Save and freeze any excess sauce if any.
- Distribute the chickpeas, onion, pineapple, capsicum, snow peas and green onions evenly over the pizzas.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chilli, coriander and green onions. Enjoy!
- Make a double batch of the satay sauce and freeze it for future purposes such as putting it on satay tofu skewers, in stir-fries, noodles or on pizzas.