Now you can read us on your iPhone and iPad! Check out the BTRtoday app.
A quick and easy recipe that promises to impress!
What You’ll Need:
- Corn grits
- Cheddar cheese
- Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop three slices of bacon into cubes.
- In a cast-iron pan, cook bacon, and then remove bacon bits and set aside.
- Chop one shallot and one clove of garlic.
- Cook shallot and garlic in bacon grease.
- Season half a pound of shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika. Add to cast-iron and cook until pink. About one to two minutes a side.
- In a separate pot, heat two cups of milk and one cup of water until it boils. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once liquid is boiling, slowly add a cup of corn grits. Stir to reduce clumping.
- Grate half a cup of sharp cheddar cheese, add to grits.
- Chop scallions for garnish, serve and enjoy!