Now you can read us on your iPhone and iPad! Check out the BTRtoday app.
What You’ll Need:
- One egg
- One package of soba noodles
- Spring onions
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Peanut butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Mirin (rice wine)
- Ear of corn
- For peanut sauce: Mix together half a cup of peanut butter, one third of a cup warm water, one fourth of a cup soy sauce, two tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar, two tablespoons sesame oil, two tablespoons grated fresh ginger, a tablespoon and a half honey, about one teaspoon of red pepper flakes or chilli paste.
- Boil water, add soba noodles and cook for six to eight minutes.
- Pour into colander, and rinse noodles with cold water. Place inside of fridge to chill.
- Boil another pot of water, and place on egg inside.
- Cook egg for seven minutes, then remove from water and place in an ice bath for two minutes.
- Peel egg, and slice in half.
- Remove corn kernels from one ear of corn.
- Take to spring onions, and chop.
- After noodles have adequately chilled, remove from refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, mix together noodles and sauce.
- Top with corn, spring onions, and boiled egg!