Now you can read us on your iPhone and iPad! Check out the BTRtoday app.
I may have sliced my finger open making this dish, but it was worth it, because boy was it delicious. The perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spicy!
What You’ll Need:
- One lb. flat iron steak
- Green onions
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- In a large bowl, mix together half a cup of sesame oil, one fourth of a cup of olive oil, three tablespoons honey, a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and a splash of sake.
- Chop two green onions and two cloves of garlic. Add to mixture.
- Place steak in the mixture and allow steak to marinate for at least one hour, or up to three.
- Heat a cast-iron over medium high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade, sprinkle with salt on each side.
- Place steak in pan, cook for two and a half to three minutes, then flip over and repeat.
- Remove steak from heat, allow to rest for five to ten minutes.
- Pour remaining marinade into pan, and cook down to create a glaze to serve on the side.
- After steak has rested, cut into small strips, slicing with the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!