2014: A Year in Review
– The Answer to the Riddle Is Me by David McLean
– FaceTIme by Michael McKinley
– Struck By Genius by Jason Padgett
– Spent by Antonia Crane
– Taken to a mental hospital by the police, David MacLean then started to hallucinate so severely he had to be tied down. Soon he could remember song lyrics, but not his family, his friends, or the woman he was told he loved.
– Crime novelist Nattie Broward’s dream of riches becomes a nightmare when he stumbles onto a human skull in the middle of the ruined golf course he wants to remake into pricy condos in FaceTime.
– The first documented case of acquired savant syndrome with mathematical synesthesia, Padgett is a medical marvel. Struck by Genius recounts how he overcame huge setbacks and embraced his new mind.
– Spent is a memoir about a woman’s journey through the sex industry, but it’s also a story of family, community, and the constant struggle against loneliness.
Get stuck between the present and the past with this sweet and powerful song. | read