As a kid, Emily Smith could often be found in her bedroom recording radio shows. She obsessively recorded songs off the radio onto cassettes and mixed them together on a dual player. She was in love with everything radio and music had to offer.
When it came time for college, she wasn't sure where to head but ended up at the The University of Florida (Go Gators!). This led to a job on the local rock radio station in Gainesville, FL. Then, in January 2006, while in her final semester of school, she found BTR. It wasn't nearly what it is today -- just a few DJs begging unknown artists for music and interviews, but it was her dream job.
Emily has now been recording radio shows and podcasts in her bedroom for the bulk of her life and with BTR for more than a decade.
Maple Glider takes the top spot on this week’s BTR Top 10! Our hosts are spinning her new album, To Enjoy Is The Only Thing (Partisan) the most this week!
Debuting on the countdown: Helvetia, John Grant, Mykki Blanco, Half Moon Run, Anna Ash
Find your favorite album in the mix and support the artist by buying an album or some merch!
Here’s The Full List:
1. MAPLE GLIDER, To Enjoy Is The Only Thing (Partisan)
2. HELVETIA, Essential Aliens (Joyful Noise)
3. JOHN GRANT, Boy From Michigan (Bella Union)
4. VEPS, Open The Door (Kanine)
5. MYKKI BLANCO, Broken Hearts And Beauty Sleep (Transgressive)
6. SQUIRREL FLOWER, Planet (i) (Polyvinyl)
7. SILVER FIRS, Lake Hypoxia [EP] (Oh, Sister)
8. HALF MOON RUN, Inwards & Onwards [EP] (Crystal Math/Glassnote)
9. ANNA ASH, Fire Season (Self-Released)
10. 2ND GRADE, Wish You Were Here Tour Revisited (DDW)