This week’s guest will help you put your best fashion foot forward, with a little help from the stars! Kimberly Peta Dewhirst became fascinated with the Zodiac at a young age, and on her blog Star Sign Style, Kimberly focuses her lifelong love of astrology around her passion for style and beauty. Star Sign Style is an invaluable resource for the astrologically curious fashionista, offering insights into your signs, Zodiac-based style tips and inspiration, red carpet star style, beauty tips, and more. On today’s show, Kimberly talks about her passion for astrology and its nuanced study, the basic characteristics of each sign and their style tendencies, why she launched Star Sign Style and how she hopes to help readers, her current astrological travels and her fascination with Astro Mapping, and more.
Plus, I’ve got a fun (belated!) birthday-themed playlist for you featuring songs of sweet celebration and new beginnings from Lia Ices, Alvvays, Find the Others, The Melodic, and Typhoon! So join us and learn how to let the stars be your stylist, with Sew & Tell on BTR!
Odds & Ends
– Another great resource for astrological information is astro.com, which offers several free charts and readings, including an interactive Astro Mapping chart!
– Steven Alan is having a great end-of-season sale! This only happens a few times a year, but it’s been one of the best ways for me to find beautiful wardrobe staples that I *love* for a (semi) affordable price!
– I am obsessed with this nail look for the fall! (I know, I know, I can’t believe I’m already thinking about the fall…!)
– This is one of my favorite recipes for late summer entertaining – insanely easy, elegant and, most importantly, delicious.
– I can’t wait to see this! What about you? Any summer TV obsessions? (Aside from Orange Is The New Black, obviously).
(Photo by Norman Wong)
July 25 – WayHome Music & Arts Festival – Oro, Ontario
Aug 1 – Osheaga Festival – Montreal, Quebec
Aug 6 – California Academy of Sciences – San Francisco, CA
Aug 7 – Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival – San Francisco, CA
Aug 8 – Squamish Valley Music Festival – Squamish, British Columbia
Aug 15 – Maha Music Festival – Omaha, NE
Aug 22 – FYF Festival – Los Angeles, CA
Aug 28 – Reading Festival – Reading, United Kingdom
Aug 29 – Leeds Festival – Wetherby, United Kingdom
Aug 30 – The Duchess – York, United Kingdom
Aug 31 – The Leadmill – Sheffield, United Kingdom
Sept 1 – The Globe – Cardiff, United Kingdom
Sept 2 – The Fleece – Bristol, United Kingdom
Sept 3 – Rescue Rooms – Nottingham, United Kingdom
Sept 5 – Electric Picnic – Stradbally, Ireland
Sept 6 – End of the Road Festival – Salisbury, United Kingdom
Sept 7 – Concorde 2 – Brighton, United Kingdom
Sept 9 – Oran Mor – Glasgow, United Kingdom
Sept 10 – Manchester Academy 2 – Manchester, United Kingdom
Sept 11 – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire – London, United Kingdom
Sept 13 – Riot Fest – Chicago, IL
Nov 6 – 8 – FUN FUN FUN Fest – Austin, TX
Nov 20 – 23 – Festival Corona Capital – Mexico City, Mexico
Find the Others
(Photo courtesy of Find the Others)
July 31 – Aug 2 – Artswells Festival – Wells, British Columbia
Aug 3 – Guilt & Co – Vancouver, British Columbia
Sept 16 – The Waldorf Hotel – Vancouver, British Columbia
Sept 19 – Streaming Cafe – Kelowna, British Columbia
(Photo courtesy of MYZICA)
Aug 26 – The High Watt – Nashville, TN
Sept 17 – New Brookland Tavern – West Columbia, SC
00:00- DJ Marie (Underneath: Born Too Late (Fingers Club Mix)- Dent May)
02:39- Atop A Cake- Alvvays
05:55- Sweet as Ice- Lia Ices
09:32- DJ Marie
10:48- Interview with Kimberly Peta Dewhirst of Star Sign Style